Last year about this time I was crafting madly. I stayed up till late Christmas Eve still putting finishing touches on gifts! I must have had “go big or go home” stuck in my head… though that was on a budget so it meant lots of making. I loved it. But this year there’s a different tune in my head. It’s something a bit more simplistic… minimalist. Of course that doesn’t stop me from crafting and crafting a lot. It’s always my joy to make and give! But of course you’ll have to wait to see this year’s surprises.
Here’s some stuff I crafted for Christmas presents last year if you’re looking for somethings to make for the people you love. There’s still time! :)
1. Jingle Turtle– Crochet turtle with a jingle bell in it.
2. Crochet bird– Sweet quick crochet project that’s great for a baby!
3. Sweater Dress made from an adult size sweater– Still one of my favorite re-use creations!
4. Crochet Sitting Kitty– Sweet and very cute little kitty.
5. Homemade birdseed ornaments– Feed the birds and decorate your tree with these adorable ornaments!
6. Line a basket– this was for a sewing kit for my little girl but could be used for so many projects!
7.Droid– Always a great present for your Android phone loving friend!
8. Hat, scarf, and mitten set- no tutorial but I’ll plug ravelry.com :) You can find tons of free patterns there!
9. Fingerless gloves- Several free crochet patterns
–Diamond and Dashes Fingerless Gloves
–Twist Fingerless Gloves
–Ripple Lace Fingerless Gloves
10. Bean bags and pillows– A very fun sewing project!
11. Birds- link to a free template to make these birds. A quick handsewing project- great one for a beginner! My 6 year old sewed some of these!